The Earth is the Lord’s
The 2008 General Conference reaffirmed its commitment to care for creation and reduce the carbon footprint that United Methodists are making.
Camp & retreat centers were noted as sources for education and practice of earth stewardship.
Mount Eagle has long been participating in such an effort and now more than ever, invites and urges our guests to work with us.
Some of our “green” practices:
1) We use energy-saving fluorescent lights & Energy Star appliances.
2) We use recycled paper products, and limit paper usage by printing only when necessary.
3) We buy locally when possible.
4) We limit our amount of landfill rubbish by composting, buying reusable products instead of disposable, and recycling.
5) We are moving toward using all environmentally friendly cleaning supplies.
Ways you can help us care for creation:
1) Drive as few vehicles as possible to our center.
2) Use our dishes & cloth napkins (with clothespin napkin holders provided)
instead of disposable products. Please limit the paper & plastic you bring, including bottled water.
3) Take shorter showers, turn off water while brushing teeth, turn off lights when not in use, operate heat and air conditioning only when really needed & set thermostats at recommended temperatures: 68 in winter; 73-75 in summer.
4) Recycle everything possible in the provided recycle bins.
- Cardboard & paper
- Steel Food Cans
- #1 & #2 Plastic
- Aluminum foil and tin plates
- Aluminum Cans